Happy Friday, Stanford!
Congrats on surviving another week of midterms! We hope you have a chance to relax before the next round…
Here’s what’s up:
In California, Federal appeals court ruled Prop 8 unconstitutional. In Washington, Republican Maureen Walsh passionately defended gay marriage.
Are you a fan of M.I.A.’s song “Bad Girls“? If we ignore the negative Arab stereotypes, she’s sending a powerful feminist message. On the other hand, questions have been raised about Liz Lemon: will she continue to be femtastic?
What do the founder of Kiva and Profounder, the former head of International at Youtube, a leading human rights attorney from Spain, and the founder of Kenyan Akili Dada have in common? Registration for SWLC begins in 10 days…
Want these updates delivered to your inbox? Sign up for our wcc announce mailing list!
Upcoming events on Campus:
- Women at Work series continues with: Working for Human Rights. Tuesday, Feb 14 12-1pm; WCC Main Lounge.
- Grad Women Wellness Series: Forgiveness Workshop with Fred Luskin. Thursday, Feb 16 12-1:30pm; WCC Main Lounge
- EVE ENSLER IS COMING. Feb 23 at 7:30pm. Paul Brest Hall, Munger Conference Center.Get your free student ticket in White Plaza 11am-1pm Feb 20-22nd.
- Want to get involved with Stanford Women’s Leadership Conference (SWLC)? There are many opportunities to volunteer.
- Have you done a cool internship? Take a minute to share it with fellow students on the FEMTASTIC INTERNSHIPS page! (Click the link that says “fill out this form.”)
Have a great weekend!
Stanford Women’s Community Center