It’s Friday and the weather is beautiful! Now for some news from the feminist front:
- Some good news on the reproductive health front: Virginia’s “personhood” bill is effectively dead.
- As is their bill requiring invasive ultrasounds before getting an abortion, thanks in part to Amy Poehler and Jon Stewart.
- In shocking news, girls are interested in science at all ages.
- An interesting history of Romney’s pro-life stance.
- Despite allegations that the Girl Scouts are ruining our children, they do a nice job encouraging girls to go into science, technology, engineering, and math.
- Despite controversy surrounding the Oscar nominated film, The Help, domestic workers are using its popularity to create change.
- An interesting piece from Jezebel about what men can do to make women feel safe at night.
Other cool things to check out:
- Registration for the Stanford Women’s Leadership Conference in open! Hurry up and register before all spots are taken!
- Political Representation of women o f color Women@Work event Tuesday the 21st from 12-1pm at the WCC!
- Keep reading our new blog (right here)! Shoot us an email if you’d like to contribute!
- And — as always — check us out on Facebook and Twitter, and wander into the center at any time to hang out, study, or just say hi!