The Women’s Community Center hosted NARAL Pro-Choice America for The 2016 Election: What It Means for Reproductive Freedom. Donna Crane, NARAL’s lead lobbyist, and Amy Everitt, NARAL California State Director, gave an overview of the future of reproductive freedom post-election.
To learn more about the state of Roe v. Wade in the US, click here.
To learn more about the state of contraceptive coverage in the US, click here.
The speakers suggested the two following actions:
1. Call Senator Dianne Feinstein (DC Office (202) 224-3841, SF Office (415) 393-0707). Starting in January, Sen. Feinstein will be the most senior Democrat on the critically important Judiciary Committee. She needs to know that her pro-choice constituents appreciate her long time leadership, need her to play an even more important role in the months ahead, and that we have her back as the fights for reproductive freedom intensify. Please refer to the talking points below, but feel free to express what resonates with you:
- Graciously thank Sen. Feinstein for her relentless support regarding abortion and reproductive rights.
- We need her leadership now more than ever.
- We will strongly support every action she takes to protect reproductive freedom.
2. A secondary course of action is to call Representatives Anna Eshoo and Jackie Speier, echoing the sentiments above.
- Anna Eshoo (District Office): (650) 323-2984
- Jackie Speier (District Office) : (650) 342-0300